Saturday 20 August 2011

I've Been Bitten By The Love Bug Card

I made this card today as my entry for this week's Willow Sketchie Challenge. The sketch this week was a little more trickier than last week's, as it had far more detail. Lisa from Willow Sketchie challenge also threw in a recipe along with her sketch, which was: 1. Add some shimmer/sparkle, 2. Add something floral and 3. Use something yellow. Hope you all like it. :D


I've Been Bitten By The Love Bug Card


I used a red textured card as my base card, I also cut a wavy rectangle out of yellow card and a rectangle (which I cut bite marks out of) out of white card. And for the text element of the sketch I used a wooden Love heart embellishment.

 For my image I used My Free Love Bug Digi Stamp, which I printed on white card and altered slightly in Photoshop, by colouring it's face black, lips red and putting an oval around it. Here I added my sparkle and shimmer element by colouring in the flower with a red shimmer marker and gluing red glitter onto the Love Bug's wing (I also covered myself, the table and the floor in glitter aswell... Lol). I then finished it off by colouring in the flower stem and belly with markers.

I wrote on the white card using black and red markers. For the ribbon I used black and red satin ribbons. I glued the thinner black ribbon to the thicker red ribbon and attached it to the yellow card using white polka dotted red brads, and then glued it to the card itself.


For the floral element of the recipe I used a Pre-made ribbon flower embellishment, which I then stuck a wooden lady bug embellishment to.

Once again I had a blast designing and creating this card and would like to thank Lisa from Willow Sketchie Challenge for the sketch and recipe. Good luck to all that enter :D
 

17 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Teegs, I love your bold colours and your sentiment is great, your flower and ladybird embellishments finish the card beautifully.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teegs, Thanks for joining in again with us on Willow Sketchie. What a sweet card, Hee hee the Love bug is such a cute wee thing. Hope you are having a great weekend, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pauline :-* I was going to use a patterned paper for the background of the card, but it made it look a bit cluttered... So I went with the bright red theme instead ;) And the little lady bug on the flower was too cute not to use ;)

    Thanks Hazel :-* Had too, think I'm slightly addicted... Lol ;)And thank you... I think the Love Bug is 1 of the cutest Digi's I've made so far... I love it that much that I felt compelled to use it in my blog title :D I am thank you, but it is going way too fast :( Hope your weekend is good as well :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us again,Teegs,at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Fabulous work with my sketch.Just love the ladybird theme and the 'bite marks' - ingenius!Really fun card.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teegs, this is gorgeous! I love the red and yellow together, I must try those two myself :0)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Willow Sketchie Challenge - hope you come back again :0)

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun, love the image so sweet & those teeth marks look fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, the colours are lovely. I really like your Flower and of course your little ladybird, so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge and good luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lisa :-* And thanks for such a great sketch, really got my brain thinking :-* Thanks... I thought the bite marks were a great way to carry the theme over the entire card ;)

    Thanks Clairebears :-* Lol... When I thought of the idea I wasn't sure if the red and yellow were going to work, I tried 3 different shades of yellow card, 1 was too bright another too light, but the in between shade was perfect (sounds like Goldilocks Lol) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shell :-* It was definitely a fun card 2 make... And I was really pleased with the result :D

    Thanks Anne-Marie :-* I actually went shopping for red glitter when I saw that flower, and I just had 2 buy it as I thought it would be great for the floral element :D And the mini lady bug happened just by chance, as it was in the same storage box as the Love embellishment, and I thought it was 2 cute not to use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and I love the ladybird. Thanks for joining us at WSC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kelly :-* I will definitely be back next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. super card! Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week-Katex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kate :-* Can't wait for the next challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card hun - love the little ladybird on the flower LOL. Thanks for joining in at Willow Sketchie this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Claire x :-* I'm glad I used the little lady bug, as everyone seems to love it... Lol ;)Looking forward to the next challenge :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :-*