Tuesday 6 September 2011

Christmas Tree Card

I made this card tonight for this week's Willow Sketchie Challenge. Thought seeing as Christmas is quickly approaching us that I would make a Christmas card for this week's challenge. Plus the sketch and DT cards inspired me to do so. ;) Hope you all like it. :D

Christmas Tree Card

For this card I used a red textured card as my base card. I then cut 2 rectangles out of Christmas Patterned Paper and attached them to the card. I made a "Merry Christmas" sentiment which I glued to the bottom right of the card. For the star elements I used gold wooden stars, which I attached with double sided foam tape.

As per usual with me, when it comes to the image element I like to think outside of the box. ;) So for this I made a little Christmas Tree, using little triangles which I cut out of green n white Polka Dot paper. I made little cones out of the triangles, and glued it at the back where the edges met. I then turned them back over n pressed down on them with my finger to create a diamond sort of shape. Then I simply layered them inside each other, gluing as I went. I cut the trunk out of gold paper and glued it to the back of the tree. I then glued the tree to a white paper square, which I then glued to a slightly larger green foil card square. I then attached it to the card using double sided foam tape. Lastly I finished it off by running some glitter glue around the edge of the white paper square.

I had so much fun coming up with the idea of the little tree and creating it, I would like to thank Claire from Willow Sketchie Challenge for such a fun sketch, and also the DT for such great inspiration. Good luck to all that enter. :D


12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Christmas Card Teegs, I love your cute little Christmas Tree and gold stars.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie again this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Chrimbo card hun. Thanks for playing along with Willow Sketchie this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pauline :-* I was quite pleased with how the tree turned out, it will definitely be a technique that I will use again :D

    Thanks Claire :-* And thanks for such a fun sketch :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Teegs and good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is super what a great tree, love it. thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea for the tree Teegs! Thats another thing to add to my "To Do List"
    Thanks for playing along with us again at Willow Sketchie :0)
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute little tree and the papers.Perfect for Christmas.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, just love your tree it looks great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Donna :-* And thanks for inspiring me to get back into card making :-*... Am loving it :D

    Thanks Hazel :-* I'm glad u like my tree :D

    Thanks Clairebears :-* It turned out even better than I expected :D If you have any questions when making the tree, let me know, I will be more than happy to help... Am so thrilled that someone else wants 2 try my creation ;):D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lisa :-* Brought the papers off ebay only days before, was glad they turned up just in time ;) I will be back next week for sure :D

    Thanks Shell :-* Am glad you also like my tree... Makes me glad that I came up with the idea... Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card for this weeks challenge at WSC, thanks for joining in.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kelly :-* And thank you to all of the DT's at WSC for having me again :-*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :-*