Monday 19 September 2011

White Christmas Card

This is the card that I made tonight for my entry in the Polka Doodles White Out Challenge. This is the first Polka Doodles challenge I have entered, and I would like to say thank you to my good friend Donna for sending me the link. :-* Is also the first non sketch challenge I have done. Hope you all like it. :D

White Christmas Card





I used a white textured card as my base card. I cut a rectangle 1cm smaller than the card out of A4 printer paper, which I then scrunched up several times, then smoothed out and flattened under a book. This gave my paper a scrunched effect, I then glued it onto the white base card. I glued a piece of lace approximately 1/2 the way down and across the card. I then stuck a stick on pearl to each corner of the white scrunched rectangle. I made a green "Merry Christmas" sentiment, which I glued to the bottom of the scrunched paper.




To make the tree I first drew a rough sketch of it on a scrap piece of paper, I then cut it out of green craft foam. I then traced around the foam tree onto a piece of white card, and cut it out. I then trimmed a couple of millimeters off all the edges of the white card tree, so that it was slightly smaller than the foam tree. Next I glued the white card tree to the center of the foam tree. I then applied glitter glue to the tree (to give the impression of tinsel) and stuck on some sticky diamonties and pearls (For baubles). I then made an angel for the top of the tree...


First I cut a semi-circle out of A4 printer paper, and covered it in lace. I then rolled it over to create a cone shape and glued it together. I used cotton wool for her hair, which I stuck a stick on pearl to for her face. Next I stuck the back of her hair to the back of her cone body. I then drew a face on the pearl using a black marker. Next I made a little halo out of beading wire and stuck it to the top of her head. I then cut her wings out of vellum, and applied glitter glue around the edges as well as to her lace dress. Once dry I glued the wings to her back and then glued her to the top of the tree. I then glued the tree to the card.


I had so much fun making the tree and angel, and I would like to thank Enfys from Polka Doodles for a fun challenge. Good luck to all that enter. :D

11 comments:

  1. T'is gorgeous Teegs and good on ya for taking the challenge on xx Glad ya liked the link enough to join in xx But did think it was up your street xx Good luck my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teegs, welcome to the polkadoodles Challenge, hope we will see more of you ....
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donna :-* Thanks again for the link :-* Good luck to you as well :-*

    Hi Lis-m... Thanks for your comment :-* If all the challenges are as fun as this 1, I might become a regular ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Teegs, lots of texture and shine. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week, hope we see you next week as well...
    big hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Enfys and thanks for a great theme :-* I'll definitely try n enter next week's challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card the fairy is fab,thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Louise :-* I'm glad you liked her :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and great angel! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies :-* Hope I can find the time to enter a challenge again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Teegs.
    Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles Whiteout challenge and good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Fliss :-* It was a load of fun :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :-*