Friday 23 September 2011

A Spot Of Gardening Thank You Card

This week's Willow Sketchie Challenge prize is a big one, so I have decided to enter it the maximum 3 times. Here is my first entry which I made last night. I used the Willow "A Spot Of Gardening" digi stamp that I won in their challenge 2 weeks ago. Hope you all like it. :D

A Spot Of Gardening Thank You Card





I used a white card as my base card, and cut a square of purple paper slightly smaller than the card itself and glued it to the card. Next I cut a square of pink polka dot paper slightly smaller than the purple square and glued it to the purple square. Lastly I cut a piece of Grace Taylor large flower paper slightly smaller than the polka dot paper, and glued it to the polka dot paper.




The new Grace Taylor range of papers comes with a smaller print of some of the designs in the pack, so I decided to use both versions of this gorgeous flower print for my card.




As I have not yet got myself a set of markers, I chose to colour in the "A Spot Of Gardening" digi in Photoshop. I then printed it out, I also printed out a copy of the original uncoloured digi. Using the original uncoloured digi I cut out the skirt to use as a template, I then turned it over and glued it to the back of my Grace Taylor smaller flower paper. I let it dry and then cut  around the template, so that I had a skirt that now had a flower print on it. Next I glued the skirt onto the digi, and then trimmed around the digi itself. Lastly I cut a rectangle out of purple paper, glued the digi to it and then glued it to the left side of my card.




For the small rectangle elements down the right side of the card, I cut 3 rectangles out of purple paper and glued each to the card. I then made a flower embellishment for the middle rectangle using a blue paper flower, a pink flower which I cut out of the Grace Taylor small flower paper and a purple flower diamontie. I then glued it to the middle rectangle and left to dry. For the other 2 rectangles I made a "Thank" and "You" sentiment on the computer, printed them out and cut around them and then glued them onto the rectangles. 


I had a lot of fun making this card, and I would like to thank all of the DT from Willow Sketchie Challenge for such a lovely digi and a great sketch. Good luck to all that enter. :D

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Teegs, I love your paper pieced skirt.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie again this week, I look forward to seeing your next two creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card hun, love the paper piecing perfect papers!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donna :-* I've learnt from the best ;)

    Thanks Pauline :-* Have been brainstorming ideas for the other 2 cards tonight... Have come up with 2 great ideas, just got to find the time to make them now... Lol ;)

    Thanks Shell :-* The idea was born out of my need to use my new Grace Taylor papers as well as my digi prize... I was dying to try out both, so I came up with this idea which allowed me to do so ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great fun card, thanks for joining in at willow sketchie and good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this...;especially how you have paper pieced her skirt.

    Thanks for joining us over at Willow Sketchie Challenge this week. Good luck !
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate :-* I'm glad you liked it :D

    Thanks Lis-m :-* I plan on doing it again in my 2nd entry, but with a slight twist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a super job with your win.Just love her pretty skirt.Fabulous card.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week.Good luck. :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Teegs and great to see a Willow Designs image too. Thanks for playing along with Willow Designs this week. Good Luck. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lisa :-* I'll be there ;)

    Thanks Claire :-* Yeah I was dying to use the digi :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teegs, Ah another super card this week, Love how you did the paper piecing, you are better than me with digital colouring, I wouldnt know where to start! Thanks for playing along this week on Willow Sketchie and all the best with the prize draw, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this is such a great card, I love this image it is one of my favourite

    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge this week and I hope you join in again next week.

    Hugs Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Hazel :-* When digitally colouring it is best to play around with the settings a bit... I set the paint bucket transperancy to 36% in photoshop to give it more of a faded colour look, and just kept filling the same area until I was happy with the colour :D

    Thanks Kelly :-* Wouldn't miss next week for the world :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teegs this is gorgeous! Winnie looks so sweet, I think this is one of my favourite images :0)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Willow Sketchie and good luck.

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Clairebears :-* I made another paper pieced Winnie tonight, just have to put the rest of the card together... Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :-*